December 6, 2007

Mid-West Dairy Expo - St. Cloud, Minnesota

I was the invited keynote speaker for the Midwest Dairy Expo held in St. Cloud, Minnesota. I flew into Minneapolis on Monday evening and spent the night at my sister's house. I had a great visit with all of the family!

The next morning I drove to St. Cloud in a good ole fashioned Minnesota snowstorm!

Tuesday evening I was the featured speaker at their banquet. Being a former Minnesota dairy farmer, I really enjoyed being with some of the nicest, hardest working folks you will ever meet!

Wednesday morning I gave the keynote address at the breakfast in front of a few hundred folks, it went real well and I could tell from the comments afterwards, they really appreciated my talk!

I was very honored to have been introduced by a old friend of mine, Jeff Renault. Jeff is with the University of Minnesota-Extension and works with dairy farmers, in fact he came to my farm in the mid 80's and helped me become a better milk producer.

Jeff was also a accomplished runner back in the 60's and competed in the first U. S. Olympic Marathon Trials in 1968.

His son, Mike, is a very elite runner now and just competed in the recent Olympic Trials Marathon in New York City.

Thank you to the Minnesota Milk Producers for making my trip possible!

Dick

No comments: