October 8, 2008

Team Spiridon


Last night for the second year in a row, I had the chance to spend time with Team Spiridon here in Austin. Rob Hill is the founder and director of Team Spiridon. Team Spiridon is a training group here in Austin that gets folks ready to compete in races from 5K's to marathons and triathlons!

Rob does a great job with this group and he is a huge supporter of the Dick Beardsley Foundation!

We met last night at a wonderful restaurant called Little Mexico 6:15 and headed out for a nice 3 mile room with many of the group including my wife Jill. It was a beautiful evening for a nice run!

After our run we enjoyed each others company and a great meal, then it was time for me to speak. My talk went well and I really appreciate everyone for coming out and supporting Rob and the Dick Beardsley Foundation!

After my talk I sold and signed copies of my book "Staying the Course" and had a nice visit with many of the members of Team Spiridon.

Many in the group are training to run the Austin Marathon in February, Team Spiridon members will also be raising money for two different charities, one of those being the Dick Beardsley Foundation! I can't tell you how much that means to Jill and I!

Thanks Rob and Team Spiridon for a wonderful evening, keep up the awesome work!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks so much to Jill for inviting me and to you for your gracious warmth! Love you both...