December 10, 2007

Dallas White Rock Marathon






What a wonderful couple of days I had in Dallas this past weekend! My wife, Jill, was able to join me on this trip which was really nice!

Friday morning I had the opportunity to visit the kids at the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in Dallas...talk about inspiring!

The rest of the day I spent at the Dallas White Rock Marathon Expo. I was at the Marathon & Beyond booth and the New Balance booth selling books, signing race numbers and just talking to folks.

Saturday morning I went for a nice 10 mile run with my good friend Mark Bravo from Oklahoma City. Mark had a total hip replacement done not all that long ago but you could never tell as we ran 10 miles together and he did not show one sign of compensation from it....amazing!

Saturday I spent the afternoon back at the expo and for awhile spent time in the New Balance booth with my good friend Bill Rodgers. Bill and I have know each other for 25+ years now and we still both really enjoy the sport of running!

Saturday night was the pasta dinner. The head table was a who's who of legendary runners from the past. It was a honor to be seated at the same table with Autoro Barrios, Bill Rodgers, Joan Benoit Samuelson, and Frank Shorter.

Race day morning Sunday, brought cold, windy, rainy conditions! Myself, Bill and Joanie all ran in the half marathon while Frank helped with the TV coverage.

It was a awesome fun weekend and a big thanks goes out to Marcus Grunewald, the race director, for inviting me to this years Dallas White Rock Marathon!

Have a great day! Dick

No comments: