December 3, 2007

California International Marathon

This past weekend I was the guest of the California International Marathon and Fleet Feet Sports in Sacramento, what a wonderful time I had!

I arrived on Friday morning and after checking into my hotel I went for a beautiful run along the American River. Sacramento has miles and miles of great running and bike trails.

I spent Friday afternoon at the expo in the Fleet Feet booth, right across the way from my good friends at the Grandma's Marathon booth. I spoke with lots of folks and signed lots of New Balance cards.

Saturday went for a nice 10 mile run along the river. At noon I spoke to a large audience at the expo. My talk went very well, afterwards I spent the afternoon at the Fleet Feet Sports booth and sold a signed a whole box of books!I saw some old friends that have attended some of my Marathon Running Camps! It was great to see them!

Sunday morning I did a nice 14 miler along the river and then helped with the TV coverage of the race at the finish line.

What a wonderful weekend I had and also received some generous donations for our foundation!

A big thanks to New Balance for making my trip possible!

Have a great day!
Dick

No comments: