October 5, 2010

Home from the hospital

Hi everyone!

Jilly picked me up yesterday afternoon from St. Davids Hospital, it was so nice to get home and see my furry critters! My surgery last Wednesday Sept. 29th went great! I can't say enough good things about my doctor, Dr. Matthew Heinrich and the entire nursing crew at St. Davids Hospital, it is second to none! I was in the hospital for 5 days but those first couple of days I don't remember a whole lot! They had me up and moving on Thursday morning, needless to say I was pretty unsteady on my walker but doing the rehabbing is the most important part of this whole process! Jilly would stop by on her way to and from work for a visit, it was something I always looked forward to! Friday, Saturday, and then again on Monday I had pool therapy, it's amazing how much better you can bend in the water! By Sunday I was able to straighten my leg out almost completely which was way better then when I had my first TKR done. That was something I had really struggled with! I was able to bend it to about 112 degrees so that's not to bad this early after surgery but I still have a long ways to go! My knee is very sore but not anymore then I expected it to be. The key is to keep on top of the pain level with the meds and ice and that seems to help! It's so good to be home! First out-patient rehab tomorrow morning. I will have my same therapist I had last time (Renae), she worked me hard but that's good! Until next time, have a great day!

Dick :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you are home. Now the fun starts. Will follow your recovery. Best of luck from a TKR from PA