March 21, 2008

Run On Texas

My trip to Dallas to speak at the Run On stores was great! The drive to Dallas from Austin was another story though! I was heading north on I-35, and 40 miles north of Austin, it started just pouring and was that way all the way to Dallas, even the interstate had pooling water on it!

I had a great meal that night with the folks from New Balance, the next morning it was up early for a run with Run On store owner Bob Wallace. I have known Bob for over 25 years, in our younger days we used to lock up in some pretty good races against one another.

We ran 6 miles with some folks Bob was training for the Boston Marathon. After our run it was on to a radio station where Bob and I were interviewed.

Later that morning I was on the road with Dave Shelbourne from New Balance and the area NB rep, Len Chatwin. We visited some of the Run On stores in the Dallas area and a running store over in Fort Worth.

That night I gave a talk to about 100 runners at a dinner that Bob hosted at a local Dallas restaurant. The following morning I gave a talk to some of Bob’s employees at his home, and then it was a nice drive back home to Austin.

A big thanks goes out to Bob and his wife Rebecca and all the great folks at New Balance for making this trip happen!

No comments: