October 15, 2007

Toronto Marathon

I was at the Toronto Marathon this weekend as a speaker and to run in the half marathon What a wonderful event!

The expo was on Friday and Saturday and I spent most of my time at a booth talking to folks, signing New Balance cards, and taking pictures. Friday and Saturday myself, along with Katherine Switzer, Roger Robinson, and Bart Yasso from Runners World did a seminar for the runners.

Saturday night we all spoke at the pasta dinner in front of about 500 runners, it was lots of fun!

Sunday was the marathon and half marathon, it was perfect running weather...cool, cloudy, and not much wind. I was fortunate to win the Grand Masters title (age 50 and above) with a time of 1:20:30. Very pleased especially coming off a hard training week as I'm getting ready for a marathon in 3 weeks.

After my run, I helped with the awards ceremony. If you are looking for a well organized race in a beautiful city, Toronto is the place to go!

I'm now heading to St. Cloud , MN for a corporate talk on Monday evening, then home on Tuesday for a few days!

Dick

No comments: