April 8, 2008

Skier Gala, Minneapolis, Minnesota

From Asheville it was right onto Minneapolis! My good friend and co-owner of Rainbow Resort up in northern Minnesota, Amy Xu invited me to speak at her running club that Sunday afternoon which I did. We were all going to go for a run afterwards but it was pouring cats and dogs outside, so a few of us jumped on some side by side treadmills and did our run together that way! If there’s a will there’s a way!

Afterwards we dashed off to the University of Minnesota campus where I was the co-MC with champion XC skier Chad Geise. Chad and I did announcing together at a XC ski event earlier in the winter so it was good to see him again.

We all had a great time and it was very appropriate that as the banquet was going on, it was snowing a bit outside! Thanks Amy for the wonderful time I had in Minneapolis!

No comments: