April 12, 2008

Toughest Race in Texas


The Toughest Race in Texas! The name definitely defines what this race is all about! It’s a great event that is an absolute ball of fun!

The Tuesday before the race I had the opportunity to speak to the kids at St. Stephens Episcopal School. I spoke to two different groups of kids during their morning chapel time. I had about 15 minutes each time, not a lot of time to go into great detail but enough to hopefully get the point across.

Saturday was the Toughest Race in Texas, held on the trails of St. Stephens Episcopal School. They had close to 800 runners! You could run one of two races, the 10K or the 5K. I ran the 5K with my wife Jill and our friend Laura Nye, we really had a good time!

We also had a booth at the start/finish area for the Dick Beardsley Foundation where our good friend and board member for our foundation Stacey Conley stayed and handed out information.

After the race I helped with handing out awards for the winners. All of the proceeds from the race go to help with scholarships for kids to be able to come and get a great education at the school.

Thanks to everyone at St. Stephens Episcopal School for the wonderful time I had and for letting me be the honorary chairman.


Keep up the great work!

No comments: